Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Berklee Melodic Rhythms: Study #13A

The Berklee book for guitar entitled "Melodic Rhythms" is a collection of over 100 melodic rhythm exercises and is an excellent sight reading and playing edition. In this book one finds many examples which resemble standard tunes in both form and style.

On page 27 we find exercise #13 A which is a 34 bar AABA format tune with a 2 bar ending.

Here is the accompaniment played at a slow tempo for practice.


And in a walking bass style.


And as stated in the book, play the melody 8va for practice in upper registers.



3 comments:

  1. I love this book. It was a major turning point in my playing/learning. Is there a recording available for the backing tracks? I've got the BIAB files for the book, but not all of my students have BIAB software...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i do not know of a recording of the tracks. Thats cool you have BIAB files. I have done some of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berklee Melodic Rhythms is great I feel it after i had played it


    Guitar Amp Repair

    ReplyDelete