Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fun with tuning forks

I must admit that I am a champion of the tuning fork. Its simple elegance and utilitarianism has always intrigued me. I feel as though it may be a dying tool that is doomed for obsolescence. But, in an effort to stir the popularity of my beloved reference instrument, I have thought of some neat things you can do with a "C" and an "A" fork.


Fun stuff. I also decided to experiment a little more:


You can make any chords you want, that was a minor.

Fun Facts:

The Yamaha logo is a stylization of 3 forks:




And here is a neat link of an online tuning fork:


My personal philosophy is that the tuning fork will never go out of style because it transcends technology; no batteries, power or learning curve (assuming you can match pitch by ear).




536013_Enter to WIN an Ibanez RG Tremoto Electric Guitar Signed by Steve Vai!

No comments:

Post a Comment